Tuesday 3 May 2011

Thoughts on Trends?

I'm not big on 'following trends'. I believe fashion should be an individual choice on what works for your figure.  I see quite a few people follow trends that do not flatter their body-shape (which really just puts me off even trying it out :/). I love that we''re in a fashion mode where we can experiment and infuse our individual styles with 'what's hot right now'. So I go by the 'pick and choose model' when it comes to trends. If it works for me, and the mirror likes it.... it's in trend. Here are a few things I like this season....
[harem+pants.bmp]
I love these Harem trousers, they're light and comfortable and look great with the right combo. My summer wardrobe will be filled with these because they're just so convenient.

 I also LOVE the bold colours on Gucci's rendition of Harem Trousers... So classy and elegant, it commands attention!
                                           
I'm also liking the 'maxi' look, whether it's a dress or a skirt. Bold colours or simple prints.... as long as it doesn't have all the colours of the rainbow :/
I'm really liking the way the dresses flow (Floating Maxi's), the prints look great because they're so bold that they distract you from the dress. Rather, the dresses have a warm, subtle look to them that embraces spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment