Thursday 5 May 2011

Make Up or Facial Mask!

OK, you probably already know where this is going. First of, I will start by saying I DO wear make up but I'm always careful to make sure it's not too much. For instance, if I put on eye-liner, I may not wear mascara, if I wear lipstick I may not use blush. The reason being that I believe make-up should only enhance features that you already have..... not Re-Define it all together :S



I really like the 'neutral' look, where it's not very obvious that you even have anything on....also, it's easier to take off at the end of the day lol


However, I do get those days when I really want to go 'all out' and experiment with my make up just to see what looks good.

A few interesting make-up looks I like...




If I was brave enough to walk out like this.... I actually would... I love it!!!



I just really love the lip colour (looks like a mix of bronze/orange)


Ok I know this looks very Barbie Doll but I quite like it.... the eye make up is gorgeous



My favourite! Almost neutral but very elegant :)


APRIL 20, 2011 BEAUTY COMMENTARY
In a day and age where virtually everything is accessible through the Internet, it isn’t any surprise that children are maturing way before their age. No longer are the traditional heart-to-heart sit-downs occurring between parents and kids because adolescents can answer any and all of their burning questions with a search on Google.
I’ve seen swarms of girls under sixteen years old with more makeup on than I have ever worn and the question must be asked: what age is too young for girls to begin wearing makeup?
During her appearance on The View, First Lady Michelle Obama revealed that she and daughter, Malia have started to discuss makeup: ”Malia’s like, ‘Mom I need to talk to you,’” Michelle recalled. “And it was 10:30 [at night], and we talked, and we talked, and we talked. We talked about makeup, actually.”
Michelle said President Obama seemed to have mixed feelings on his little girl growing up: “He says he’s cool … but, you know …” Michelle said, laughing. “The first time Malia went out for a party … she had her hair done, and she’s tall, and she had on a pretty dress, you could see him, he was sort of like … ‘gulp.’ And I was like, ‘Easy, dad.”
Malia is just twelve years-old and I’m sure her mother will limit what kind of makeup she wears and how much. And in those cases, makeup can be light-hearted and fun, and even a bonding moment between mother and daughter.

But are there different rules on makeup for young girls when it’s unsupervised and excessive? What’s your personal opinion on wearing makeup at a young age? Would you let your daughter experiment with makeup in her early teens if it was under your watchful eye? Should makeup be reserved for older teenagers and adults? How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

-Faith Cummings

(Source- cocoandcreme.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment